Wednesday, December 29, 2010

Hair is a funny thing

Those that know me know that I am a pretty clean guy. One of the things that I don't like is hair. I'm not sure where this came from but there's no fighting it. Cycling is probably a great sport for me b/c I can get by with the whole leg shaving thing with only minor heckling. I don't really care for arm hair but that's a lotta work. Thankfully I do not have a hairy back as that would drive me insane trying to reach back there. Anyway...I would love to have a thick head of hair but it just wasn't meant to be. Maybe that's where the bitterness towards hair originates from. Because I have pretty much accepted the fact that I will never have lustrous golden locks, I cut what is left up top every few days. I use a standard trimmer with no guard. About once each week I maintain the nose and ear hairs. As I've gotten older I've noticed that I have to hit these areas a bit more frequently. Tonight I found myself staring into the mirror wondering what I might look like if genetics had been different. I happened to notice something blond glimmering in the light towards my left ear. I leaned in to investigate. Below is a hair that I plucked from just inside the ear. I have laid it on the mouse pad so it shows up nicely and also placed my Nano nearby for scale. This is what it's come to. I can't grow hair up top without it looking like I'm clinging to what was once a great society of hair but I gotta cut the hair coming from the ears. Getting old sucks.



No comments: