Wednesday, November 10, 2010

weight lifting

I really like to lift weights. Several years ago when I no longer had an interest in riding silly bicycles all I did was lift weights. Believe it or not I actually peaked out at a weight of 190 pounds and barely any of that was fat. Anyways....so there I am tonight in our schools impressive weight room......all alone. I do a lot of leg work. I had already done some step ups, squats, calf raises, leg extensions, and a few other leg specific excercises. I decided to polish things off on the leg sled. I hadn't used this machine yet but how different could it be right? I was working out with 250lbs and finished the first set. I went to grab the handle that catches the sled at the top of it's travel and........nothing. Ruh Roh. I start to giggle it. Nothing. Oh boy. Now I start to panic. I have music blaring in my ears. No one is there. I'm yanking on the handle. Nothing. I recall saying to myself, "Self.....you got problems. Big problems." Sweat is beading up on my forehead. My super hero voice kicks in. "Muuuuuuuuusssssstttttttttt hhooooooooollllllllllllddddddddddd weeeeeeeeeiiiiiiigggggggghhhhhhhhhttttttttttttt. Gonnnnnnnnnnnnnnnaaaaaaaaaaa hhhhhuuuuuuuuurrrrrrrrtttttttttt." Just at the last possible minute I realize that you have to pull the handle in AND back not just back. Could been squished.

No comments: