Sunday, November 14, 2010

Blasphemy

I love these levers. I've had them over 10 years now. I used to have the matching carbon shifters but now my friend Scott's using those as I never could establish a love affair with the twist shifter (although I will say that I am considering giving them another go since they really are the perfect endurance shifter since there's literally nothing inside them to go wrong). The levers still feel incredible. Much more so than Avid levers. They completely transformed the feel of the BB7's. The BB7's are HEAVY. I was surprised. They were a bit finicky to set up since they don't just slide back and forth over the rotor but can also rotate across the rotor. I think I'm gonna like them though. If they give me half as much trouble as hydros have it'll be a shoe in.

The Surly cog is no spring chicken either but I'm stunned at how much the bike now weighs. I almost don't wanna reveal it. 23.8 even and that GPS aint that heavy. I lost all my gears and only a pound. Not sure what's happening. Perhaps someone crammed some cottage cheese down the seat tube? Oh well. I'm gonna give the SS thing a go for a while here. I'm gonna ride it today but I gotta take it easy. Yesterday I cut the chain too short and forced a SRAM pin back in. I think it'll be ok just toolin' around town until I can pick up another one Monday.


A gratuitous Dharma shot.

Exactly 2 years ago today, this guy joined our family. At 8 weeks he was known as Augie and he was living in a dirty warehouse/shop where he had free run and I believe his diet consisted of cheeseburgers and fries. He was the worst dog I've ever had. He pooped and peed in the house, tore things up, and was just a general pain in the ass. I can't tell you how many times I said I was going to get rid of him. He's a pretty good boy now. I do think that he was drugged when we went to look at him. He was so calm. I asked if we could bring him home to see how he'd do with Dharma. We called the rescue organization the next day to meet up and pay them the adoption fee and never heard back from them ever again. All rescues genuinely want their dogs to go to good homes but I truly think this organization just wanted to unload him. I'm glad to call him mine. We get compliments on him every time we walk. I already want another dog but Heather says we have to wait until we get moved again. Then I'll find another one.


No comments: