Saturday, November 13, 2010

Incline

2 years ago I was doing this once each week as part of my workout and that first time I did the Colorado Trail Race, I was very comfortable on hike a bike sections. I like doing this hike and the trail run back down so I'm going to start making it regular again. This is a very well known workout in Colorado Springs. This was originally built back in the early 1900's to help in the construction of a hydroelectric plant. Then it was turned into a cable car railway for tourists. From the bottom to the top is right at a mile and I think it's a shade over 2000'.

This section right here is nasty and it's about 50 degrees.

Closer to the bottom.





A little trail leading up from the parking lot.


The last time I did this I got to the top in 32 minutes. Today I was 29 minutes so I'm thrilled.

No comments: