Friday, November 19, 2010

bachelor life

Heather went back home for 5 days so I'm on my own and that's trouble. It's a pretty wild night over here at 514. I've got a very good Belgian Ale from the fine folks at Goose Island. I'm just sitting here with the pups, missing my wife and listening to the soundtrack to the Slaughter House Rule. It's mostly alternative country and Jay Farrar has a lot of time on it. It's a favorite. I have all of next week off. I put a new chain on my SS tonight so I'm planning on doing a long ride tomorrow after I sleep in and have tons of coffee. I may go back and check out a creek I found a few months ago that had Brookies in it. For me it will be a super hard ride on the SS with some walking but....I've got all day so I'll get some cheese and summer sausage and take my time. I have all of next week off and I'm hoping the weather holds. I talked to a few good friends tonight from back home and they want me to come home for a long weekend over Christmas. I'll have to see if I can talk Heather into it (although there won't be any talking). One of my friends, the Counselor, wants to do a canoe trip and I'm all about that. OK well....it's getting on 8:30 so I'm gonna get ready for bed. A real wild night.

No comments: