Saturday, April 30, 2011

Even though I am protesting this cool, springtime weather (although the pictures actually look like it was nice) I forced myself to get out for 3.5 hours today. I have a big ride planned 2 weeks from now and I'm a little nervous about it so I can't afford to sit around in PJ's eating Bon Bons while I wait for it to get warm. I went back down to Colorado Springs to ride the Santa Fe Trail. The wind was blowing stupid hard and it only got worse the further north I headed. It ended up taking me 2 hours exactly to get up to Monument (22 miles). Then it took me right at an hour and a half to get back down to Colorado Springs.

This was right by the Air Force Academy. There's a small airstrip somewhere in the area that I think mostly services really small planes but it also services a lot of gliders. There should be 4 in this picture.

Cactus. Or is it Cactii?

Another glider getting towed up.

This guy was in the same area.


Heather mentioned going to Outback Steakhouse for dinner and that was all I could think about the entire ride. I had a steak, some scrimps, a killer salad, veggies, and a baked potato. Then I went to Baskin Robbins and got ice cream. We ended the night by going to Target to get dog food.

No comments: