Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Dogs

Anyone that knows me knows that I have always had a soft spot for dogs. If I could have 50 dogs I would. I would gladly sleep on the floor if they took up all the room in the bed. My dear friend Tim and his wife Deanna recently lost their Dalmation Rocky. Deanna got Rocky as a pup and he gave her and her family 13 years of love. I don't know the circumstances surrounding his demise but it doesn't matter. It's still unfortunate. I don't have a close family other than Heather and my own dogs so I've never dealt with the loss of a true loved one. May you rest in peace Rocky. You will be missed. I hope you run forever in endless fields.

1 comment:

Pedal Brake Pedal by TK said...

Chris, your post is very touching and so appreciated. Rocky is family and will be very missed. I always believed that family is what you make it. Family means always being there for one another and giving an unconditional love that many never have the opportunity to experience. If you are not fortunate enough to be born into a family that already has that kind of love, then make your own and make it the way you want. It can be made up of close friends that are like brothers and sisters, a spouse, children or nieces and nephews of those original brothers and sisters or the ones who became family along the way and of course they can be our animal friends because they are the ones who really know what being a family is all about. I will always remember the love that Rocky gave me and my entire family and I miss like I have lost a part of me.