Friday, April 15, 2011

Arizona Trail Race

This race started this morning at 9. This is one that I would really like to do but I don't know that I'll ever be able to. Some teachers in my district take off during the year to go places but I have enough trouble calling in sick. I always feel like I owe it to my students to be there unless I'm puking. There are 2 options for this event. You can do the 300 miler or you can do the whole enchilada. That's 750 miles with a 25ish mile hike with a bike on your back. I think this year there are 3 people doing the 750 and one of them is my friend Marshal. My other buddy Kurt is doing the 300 miler. Kurt holds the record for both the 300 and the 750. He's in super bad shape and I'm sure he's just using this as a bit of training for another assault on the Tour Divide in June. You can follow everyone's blue dot here.

No comments: