Sunday, June 27, 2010

Yesterday's ride was about 3 hours. Nothing too crazy. Little bit of fire road and a little bit of trail. I did come across a young deer that was likely the victim of a mountain lion. Judging by the way things looked, it had to have happened sometime in the early morning hours. I didn't stick around too long.




I went through gear the other day and was a bit surprised at some of the weights. I won't go into weights yet because I want to pull everything back out and weigh each piece individually so I know how it all adds up and then I'll probably let the cat out of the bag. Bottom line is that the weight was not what stopped me last year and neither was gear. I think it's just more in my head right now that I think the bike feels heavy. I climb well over the passes as long as I stick to my game plan and don't get sucked into to anyone else's. However, with 60,000 feet of gain, I'm going to spend more time this month doing longer climbs. So...today I headed over towards Deckers and parked at the Gill Trail. 126 climbs up pretty hard straight away from the lot and I thought it would be a good place to do some hill repeats. It's a tad over 4 miles to the top and 1,500' of gain. I got in 2 trips up in the sun and 2 in the rain. So that's about 32 miles (the downhills were really fun) and 6,000' of climbing. I'm tired.

No comments: