Friday, June 4, 2010

One of my favorite workouts that I've been doing on and off for maybe 10 years now pretty much has to be done on the trainer and I hate the trainer so I don't get to do it as much as I'd like. A few years ago my friend Dan suggested some other types of workouts. The one that I really took a liking to is what I did yesterday. It ends up being about 10 minutes on and then off. If I really let myself have it, three is plenty. It was yesterday. I do one loop down the Pass and then back up to get warmed up and then head back down to my turn around point. Dan always wanted me to keep the cadence between 40-70 but I like to try and keep it on the low end. So for me that means a 53x12 and then the lowest rpm I see is right at 45 on one little riser that's really not all that tough but it is humbling. Hands just rest on the tops and it's all legs. There's no cheating with rocking the body. I guess Dan likes it from a power standpoint for crit riding but for me it mimics the hills (which is still power but......I'm lost when it comes to power). This year I wanna do that workout once each week just cuz it's fun and it probably doesn't hurt to mix things up and use some different stuff other than LSD type rides.

I wonder if we have any Whipped Cream for my waffles?

No comments: