Friday, June 18, 2010

Bike

I'm having some problems with my bike lately. I run a SRAM chain after breaking a Shimano chain last year and I thought it was what was making a bunch of creaking racket BUT....today I figured out that it is the freehub. I've not been real happy with the WTB hubs. That's the second freehub and I don't know how many sets of bearings. So...I decided to start rebuilding the Alma tonight. This is how it sits right now. I see some guys take all kinds of pictures with Spike Lee angles but I figure...we all know what XT stuff looks like. It's pretty much an XT build with the exception of the wheels that I had Mr. Curiak build up and the NOIR cranks. I like it a lot. My LBS has a chain coming for me and some more Cinelli tape so I can wrap the grips again (although it doesn't matter much anymore...I can't feel my left middle, ring and pinky fingers after 3 hours anyway). Psyched to get it done. Still LOVE this frame. I'd like to have something new but I like this thing too much.


The critters and hikers should be able to hear me from at least 1/2 mile away this year with these hubs that Mike used.

Perhaps a better shot of Eric's handy work and the ass end of the Subaru.

No comments: