Tuesday, June 1, 2010

Hunter

Rick Hunter is a frame builder in California. I stumbled across this bike the other day and was really taken with it. It has very similar lines to the things I like from other builders like Victoria, Coconino (to some extent) Mountain Goat, Retrotec, Pereira, etc. This was built for a guy named Devian who lives in Southern California. He will be lining up for this years Tour Divide. It's an interesting build. I'd need a suspension fork and I like hydraulic brakes (when they work). There's also that damn monostay again. I'm sure some builders will argue that it's stiffer but that's fine. The handlebar on this bike is an inverted Mary Bar. Looks really fun but I think Devian's gonna be wishing he had aero bars. I'm not a fan of the paint but, regardless, how much would it suck to train for and do something long distance like TD and then get the frame scratched up from the bags? The Alma is showing some wear from the bags rubbing. I suppose I could always get it powder coated again. Can't really put another clear coat on carbon. Titanium would be the ticket I think. Ti just looks better and better the older it gets. Neat bike nonetheless.


No comments: