Thursday, June 24, 2010

Giving thanks

I finished it up today. HUGE thanks to Paul at Team Telecycle for his assistance in getting me some of this stuff and giving me the homey hook up and for also helping me trouble shoot a minor issue that was going on with the shadow rear derailleur. A while back I made a thoughtless comment about the shop. I was wrong and have no problem admitting it. Big thanks to my pal Marshal for pointing out my closed-mindedness. I've spent more time in there lately and I'm so glad to have the resource.

Pretty happy with how it turned out. Although it's a tad heavier than last year. It weighed in at 25 and change. We'll see where it's at with the final pack out before leaving. I did make a change in the sleeping setup. I'll be using the same bivy as last year. Clothing will be the same as well. No stove this year. I figure the gear aspect worked quite well last year so I didn't see any reason to change anything but my mindset (thanks to my friends Scott and TK for the words of motivation that they gave this week). I was going to run a super light emergency bivy but I woke up the other night at 4 in the morning and started thinking about rain and how lucky I've been thus far. With my usual bivy I can sleep through a hurricane and have no worries.

The gas tank bag from Epic Eric is gonna make life easier on my back. I'm really happy with how the handlebar setup turned out. I'm really picky about how things look and feel and this is very pleasing to my eye. At the last minute I decided to go with orange for the bar wrap. Kinda like it.

I'm going to have Paul rebuild the fork for me but, other than that, it's ready for it's first over nighter.

No comments: