Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Critters

So I'm watching tv last night and think I here a critter. I've got powerhouse ears too except for when Heather's calling me. The last time I thought I heard a critter it turned out to be 4 bears in the driveway trying to get into the van. I check the front deck and find nothing so I go back to watching tv. Then I hear it again and tell Heather to mute the tv. Then I definitely hear something that's a tad askew. I head down the stairs and it's something in the laundry room. So we round up the dogs and put them in separate rooms and then head down to check it out. There was something in the dryer tube. I was able to lift it up real gently and feel a small critter inside scurrying around. In hindsight, I should have crushed him in my powerful grip but I can't stand to see suffering, let alone inflict it, so I was trying to come up with another game plan. Whatever it was it went back into the tube that goes into the wall and then leads to the outside vent. I checked the vent and the screen is in tact so it came in from somewhere else. The dryer tube was in tact. Unfortunately, I was never able to get the little thing back into the dryer tube so that I could carry out my plan to relocate the animal. Much to my disapproval, Heather ran the dryer for about 50 minutes on the extreme setting last night in the hopes that it would kill whatever was making a Habitrail out of the tube.

No comments: