Friday, June 25, 2010

Shakedown run

I just got back from a little night ride on the new and improved Alma. I did not know it was possible to dig this bike any more than I already do. The frame has always been super. The new XT stuff is so crisp. The Noir cranks don't really feel any different than the XT's did but they sure aren't ugly. I love the new XT brakes (they feel super). The wheels are nice and stiff and I like the Hope hubs too. I am so eager to get out on a longer ride on the thing. Unfortunately, I think I'm in limbo again. Last night my temporary crown fell off while I was eating dinner. While there was no pain associated with it, it's still not good as I don't want to risk cracking what's left of my tooth. So my dentist got me in this afternoon so she could make another temporary one and put it on. I just need to be careful with it so that means watching my diet and making sure it's soft until the end of the week when the porcelain one gets done and I can eat some harder food or stuff that doesn't have a suction factor. I'm still set for the root canal on Monday afternoon. I imagine I wont be able to do an overnighter until next weekend which is really a bummer but I'd hate to get out somewhere and have an issue with my mouth.

No comments: