Saturday, March 26, 2011

Rampart Reservoir

This morning I decided to go check out Rampart Reservoir. The temps weren't too bad. I made it up to the trail in 45 minutes on a fully loaded Alma. There was a few people fishing but I saw 1 hiker on the trail and that was it. Some of the shady portions of the coves had some snow and ice but, overall, the trail was in great shape. The water was gin clear. I did not think that much of the reservoir was going to be free of ice but we've had some pretty mild temps. Fishing is right around the corner!! The ride was super fun and I was out for exactly three hours so I made good time on the singlespeed.

I had one little accident. About 3/4 of the way around the reservoir, I came across a sheet of ice that was about 30 feet long. Even though it was flat, I told myself to be careful. I unclipped my left foot and was barely moving but I slipped and landed flat on my rear no more than 5 feet into it. I thought I might have done something to my tail bone. I laid there in pain for 5 minutes while trying to figure out what I was going to do if I really was hurt. Luckily, the pain subsided and I thought I was going to be ok. I made it home fine. It's sore but I really lucked out.

I'm trying to be like Mike (Curiak) with these photos. I think it turned out well. Next time I'll take more pictures though now that I've figured this out.


rampart reservoir from Chris Neumann on Vimeo.

OK...I re-worked the video and now used Vimeo to upload it. If you happened to see the original, let me know if this is easier on the eyes. With Vimeo, if you view it full screen it doesn't distort the pixels nearly as badly as it did when I uploaded it straight from the Mac.

Thanks for checking in.

No comments: