Saturday, March 7, 2009

So tomorrow is race #4 in the winter series. I was really excited about doing this race. It's on the Mineral Belt Trail. This is a 12 mile, paved trail that runs around the edge of town. The trail takes you past loads of historical mining sites and I LOVE that kind of stuff. There is also some type of wacky Leadville thing going on right on Main Street too. They have built 8 foot snow jumps. They are for some skiers that are going to be getting pulled by horses but they said we could hit em too at the finish. Too bad I wont be able to launch over the jumps like a dead sailor.

I have scoured the country for a Vanagon and been unable to find one that I am willing to go check out. Vanagons generally sell for a ridiculous amount of money due to the perceived value that their owners place on them. After much searching, I have found one that is actually close by. I will be checking it out tomorrow so I wont be racing in Pb-ville. From the pictures I've been sent of this van, it looks pretty darn clean. It's supposed to have a re-built motor with 60k on it so I'm hoping to not have to deal with the dreaded blown head gaskets anytime soon. Hoping to drive it home.

No comments: