Thursday, March 5, 2009

The guy that bought my Jeep stopped by tonight. I was a little concerned because it's not exactly a short trip for him. As soon as he pulled up I saw smoke coming from the Jeep. He actually came by to drop off my license plates but he wanted to confirm that I had replaced the rear main seal. I had done that repair and the Jeep didn't leak a drop of anything because I don't tolerate that. He said it had left a puddle of oil in his driveway. I grabbed a light and crawled under it and the first words outta my mouth were, "Holy #@*!". There was oil all over the bell housing and the bottom of the trans. There are several places that can leak oil on that motor and tehy all can present themselves like a rear main leak. To me it looked like a rear main leak though. What a huge PITA that repair is. Leaks like that drive me insane. Maybe it's a good thing that it sold as quickly as it did.

No comments: