Thursday, March 12, 2009

It was really cold here today and the van was not happy about being woken up. There may be a temperature sensor that needs testing. It has sat all week but I got it in the garage. It fits like a glove. As soon as the oil got done draining from the van tonight, the ups man pulled up and delivered a box to me. It had my stuff from Van Cafe in it. I opened up the package and found my filter, a low pressure temp sensor, a crush washer, and 2 bags of cookies. Those guys at VC are OK. I had one bag of cookies while I finished a coffee and the oil finished draining. I got everything buttoned up, and started the van. After I was convinced there were no leaks, I grabbed the other bag of cookies and a refill of coffee and hit the road to see if the idiot light would come on when it got up to temp. I took a drive down to Deckers which is near my favorite are to fish (Cheeseman Canyon). There was 1 car at the trailhead. During the drive, I'd randomly put the clutch in and let the rpm's drop to idle and......the light did not come on. A few miles further and I pulled in to a scenic overlook (I couldn't see anything but snow). The light came on for a split second and then I sat there idling with no light. Strange. I still think the sensor might be bad. I am definitely going to get a gauge and install it and see what the numbers look like. I also bumped up the idle just a touch in the hopes that that will help with keeping the rpm's high enough to stop the madness. I'm going to drive it to work tomorrow. I really think this van is gonna be super fun. It's stupid how well this thing handles. As I was cruising through the twisties and glancing over at the river tonight, I can't help but think how kick ass this van's gonna be with a Subaru 2.5 motor in it and sitting about an inch lower. Uh oh. Sorry Heather.

No comments: