Monday, March 30, 2009

Good to be home

We wanted to be home several days ago but the weather was making Heather and I nervous so we decided to hang and wait it out. We finally made it home late last night. The service was very nice and very well attended. We could not believe how many of our friends showed up even without us knowing that they knew of the ceremony. Super nice. Dad seems to be hanging in there as best as can be expected. Super sad for me to sit there with him at the luncheon that followed the service. I can't imagine being in his shoes and being cordial to guests and friends. I would be such an asshole. I love Heather and never regret getting married to her but I know that one day I may have to face that situation and it's gonna be brutal. I freak out when I think about dying.

We stayed with our friends Adam and Mary and their girls Maya and Morgan. It is always so great to see them and I miss them so much. There was so much to do while we were in town and it was awesome to just hang out with them in the evenings. I got in a 60 mile ride on Monday and it was excellent. The next day I was jumping on the trampoline with the girls and thought I'd try some flips and what not when I landed wrong and crawled off the trampoline while moaning. I couldn't even drive for the next 2 days but making the girls laugh was all worth it. I want to appologize to the friends that we just weren't able to hook up with (TK and his family, Pablo and Catina, Rob and Shannon). It's not that we don't love you all it was just super hectic. I think we are both more tired from spring break than we were before going on it. Back to work tomorrow but it may be a short week for me if I can make it work out.

No comments: