Sunday, January 2, 2011

This just in...

I said I was going to do more overnighters last year and I didn't. With the goal that I have in mind for the CTR this year, I am going to have to spend more time on the bike in situations where I'm gonna have to be pushed and I'm gonna need to put myself into dark hurt lockers. I will not be able to do 7 hour repeat rides on my road bike up and down the mountain to Colorado Springs and back. Everything will be preparation for CTR but I've found some really neat stuff to do. My friend Marshal has talked about putting together a Tour Divide type of ride from our front door to the Grand Canyon and back. I would really like to do that but I'm not sure I could do it on a SS. Today I found the preliminary schedule for the Colorado Endurance Series. It's 10 races all 100 miles long. These will be excellent training for me. I won't be able to do them all but I'd like to hit as many as possible. I definitely want to do the first event in Durango that eases into things with a fire road century. I'm super psyched to see Ring the Peak on the list for sometime in October. Good motivation.

No comments: