Saturday, January 29, 2011

I'm not exactly sure what I was thinking for today's ride. I debated several routes last night and then pretty much settled on one before going to bed. I had no idea how long it would take me to ride the loop on my singlespeed but I was thinking it would be pretty long. I have not hurt like that in a long time and I don't think I've ever ridden that kind of a ride in January. This was the food I initially started with. I left the house at 10 and headed down the mountain to Colorado Springs and hooked up with the New Santa Fe Trail.


I didn't take too many pics today but here's one of the singletrack on the Air Force Academy. After this I hooked back up with the NSFT and continued on to Monument. I was struggling a bit when I rolled into town and decided to get a cup of coffee and a fat cinnamon roll. After about 15 minutes I realized I wasn't any closer to home. I was dreading the climb up Mount Herman. The last time I rode up it the Alma was geared and I was able to ride it in the middle ring and top few cogs. I had no idea how much I was going to be walking today with the 32x22. Shockingly, I rode it all except for a few areas near the top that still had some snow and it was either loose or it was ice if I was in the shadows.

This was the top of Mount Herman. It was cold in the shadows. Freezing. Once I got to the top I had 7 miles to go til town. All said and done I was a bit over 7 hours of ride time. I have no clue what the mileage was. I really didn't wanna be out that long this early. It was nice but probably silly.

No comments: