Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Images from Dakar

I am having to spend my evenings hunting the internet for Dakar news. There has been some increasing beef between Carlos Sainz and Nasser Al Attiyah and, while Versus showed them having a discussion after todays stage (where Carlos ate a dog turd), they didn't bother to fill us in what he was crying about. The T1 class is kinda like the anything go's class. These things are built like trophy trucks. I think they have to use the homologation block in the motor and keep about the same wheelbase but that's about it. Check out the cage and chassis construction on the VW.


I don't know which rider this is but I love the picture.



This is Annie Seels. She was leading the woman's class but then woke up with a nasty fever and stomach issues. She raced anyways and came in like 90th but she's a bad ass.




This is the VW driven by De Villiers. That's the stocker in the background. Isn't it cute?

No comments: