Thursday, July 1, 2010

Today's ride

I'm slowly trying to get back on some longer rides but I'm struggling with it. Today was a shade under 4 hours. I started at the start of section 2 of the CT. It's in really nice shape. The first part is still pretty barren from the fire but the last part seems to be recovering nicely. At one point, I was really disappointed with my tires as the front end felt like it was unstable and I was fixin to have a yard sale. Then I realized that my fork was locked out. Things were better after I pulled my head frometh my ass. You can see the small growth in this pic that's helping a lot with keeping the soil in tact during the rains. Wildflowers are doing quite well. The last time I rode this section I hated it but I had a good time with it today. The CT eventually crosses 126 shortly after this photo and keeps going but I decided to follow the pavement south back to where I was doing hill repeats the other day. I took 126 all the way back to Deckers ad then headed to Trumbull. At that point the ride really takes a turn for the worst as it parallels the South Platte for the next 15 miles back to where I had parked.


I stopped here to put the smack down on a peanut butter and honey samich and a king size Rice Krispy Treat. What a shitty view right? The sun even hid behind some clouds and I got a nice little sprinkle for about 45 minutes.

Know what doesn't make for a shitty ride? Fritos!! During the last hour of my ride I pedaled my happy ass down the road one handful of these bad boys at a time. I must admit that I stole this idea from one Marshal Bird. The last time we rode together I spied some of them in his gas tank and had pretty much been thinking of them since. I was gonna steal his but he's kinda crafty. They hit the spot.

No comments: