Monday, July 19, 2010

Still here

My buddy Pablo and his two kids have been in town all week and just left yesterday for Ouray to camp with his dad for a while. I haven't touched a bike since they've been here and hardly thought about things at all. It was pretty nice. Even though it was a week off the bike, it was still packed full of adventure. Caleb is the youngest child and, at 5, you gotta keep em busy so we had a full schedule to keep the little guy from getting bored. We did plenty of fishing, went to the top of Pikes Peak, rented a boat for half a day and tooled around one of the reservoirs, and more. Sadly...I forgot my camera for pretty much all of these things so I'll get them from Pablo when they come back through town on their way to the airport.

This was a picture I snapped the other night. The mountains just looked amazing with the lighting and the some rain. Wish I could have really stopped and been away from cars and buildings but it happened kinda quickly.

One morning Caleb was bored while we waited for Heather to get back from teaching summer school. We told him that he could avoid the dreaded bath if he did this. To sweeten the deal we even told him that the water we get piped into our house was fresh glacial melt. He couldn't get on the deck quickly enough. I'm sure it was cold.



No comments: