Wednesday, July 7, 2010

Passing time

I was up all night because Bodhi decided to bark at things until the wee hours of the morning. I still got up when Heather did to go teach summer school. I promised a guy who's racing the CTR this year that I would send him a route from Durango back towards my house (he's from another country and wants to ride back). I've been slacking so this was the perfect morning to drink coffee and plot a route on fire roads. After I fired that off to him I completely cleaned the garage out and scrubbed the floor (it seems that something rotten leaked out of the can and got on the floor and was causing a disturbance). I was gonna go fish today but we were supposed to get some bad weather so I decided to stay home instead. Now we're sitting here waiting out another storm with more hail so both of us are playing on our computers. The tv gets turned off very quickly when a storm moves in now thanks to the lightning strike a few years back. Anyway's...I found an old picture of one of my motorcycles. This just happens to be the one that pretty much ended my moto days at least for the time being. I drove all the way to San Jose to pick this one up and I don't even think it was a year later that I had laid it down on a twisty section of pavement up by Deckers because I was riding WAY over my head. Thankfully I am smart enough to wear gear so I wasn't hurt too badly. I have always liked motorcycles and would really like to get another one but I'm not sure that'll ever happen since now they scare the crap out of me.


No comments: