Sunday, July 4, 2010

I stopped on the way home to get a soda and a coffee and this is what I saw when I turned my head. Thankfully I did not see any inside.


The route I took to Denver eventually connected me to the Colorado Trail and then I took that to Waterton Canyon. Here's the dam at Strontia Springs. After I rode out of the canyon I pedaled my way over to the Waterton Bar and Grill and had some grub and 2 beers before finding my way to my buddy Scott's backyard where I would bivy up in a bit of a thunderstorm that lasted until just after midnight. Thankfully the Gore Tex bivy did it's job and I remained dry.

This was a bit of wider trail that I encountered on Indian Creek. Since it's the weekend of the fourth I decided that going back home on the fire roads was probably not the best idea since that's where everyone heads to camp, drink, shoot guns, and drink. So....I had to ride the pavement for about 25 miles before hooking up with a doubletrack trail that took me all the way down to Colorado Springs. It was very slow going while on the pavement and I battled a strong headwind for the 60 miles back home that left me a bit cranky.

No comments: