Monday, July 12, 2010

Big week

Well yesterday I finished my hard week. I've had multiple 90-100 mile days in a row. Yesterday I ended things with a loop towards Monument and back that ended up being 70 miles. Once I made it back to Manitou Springs I hooked up with the Ring the Peak Trail. I have not hiked this section in quite some time so it was fun. I did come across an unleashed Chihuahua that chased me, while barking, for about 100 yards. I was trying to outrun him but I kept laughing as I looked over my shoulder and then had to dismount for a short little climb. I finally dropped my bike and ran straight at him and he took off the other direction crying.


I wish the entire Ring Peak was like this.

This is a new to me trail that I found yesterday. It started out pretty fun but then turned to poop. Super washed out, super rocky. My GPS had the fire road just to my left but it was THICK in there so I ended up having to tough it out for about an hour.

This is up on top of Rampart Range Road. Castle Rock is pretty much right in the middle of the frame but....out there.

We've had some killer storms this past week with serious winds. This Aspen was probably 9" in diameter.


This week will be nice. I am going to taper things off and do some last minute prep for the race. My buddy Pablo and his two kids are landing at DIA tomorrow so I'll go pick them up and they'll crash here for a week before heading down to Ouray. I go to the Dentist today for a permanent crown and another temporary one. Looking forward to getting this done but not looking forward to her having to cut the gum away and do some grinding on my jaw bone. Not sure how I'm gonna feel later on.

No comments: