Friday, July 23, 2010

Pain

So in the last 3 months now I have had 2 root canals, 1 temporary crown and 1 permanent crown. I need to get another permanent crown but I'm out of money man. I've broken two of the crowns and a few days ago I cracked another molar entirely and my dentist had to go in and repair that and it looks like it might need a crown now as well. In addition to that, the tooth that got the first root canal is extremely painful right now. Sometimes when I'm eating I get a jolt like someone just hooked a car battery to that tooth. I'm not over here eating Corn Nuts either. The other night I was eating fish in a restaurant and I thought I was going to cry from the pain. Earlier tonight I spoke with the doctor from the Endodontics place that did both root canals and he prescribed antibiotics, Vicodin and a steroid for my pain to get me through the weekend and then he'll do some testing asap on Monday morning. He thinks it's the tooth in front that now needs a root canal. It's going on 2 weeks since I've ridden now. At this point I don't even know if I can start the Colorado Trail Race. I'm pretty bummed. For the record I would like to say that I am NOT a yuck mouth at all. I brush 2x each day and sometimes 3. I have floss in my car, classroom, fishing backpack and my cycling backpack as well as here at home and I floss after eating anything.

I think I've got a pretty high pain threshold but tooth and back/neck pain are something that I wouldn't wish on anyone. If I was a POW I really think I could get through having a finger cut off but as soon as I saw the pliers and them going for my mouth I'd tell them who I was working for, what the plan was and how many times, on average, I crap each day. Drugs are doing their thing now so...................

1 comment:

Dan Schmatz said...

F' man. I feel for you. My chicklets are the best out there and have had these same pains.