Monday, May 3, 2010

Round 2

Today I went back to the dentist for Round 2 of the root canal. Within minutes of having the gas turned on, it felt like an old friend was back. Today I had to go with Dark Side of the Moon. I was in a damn good spot when The Great Gig in the Sky was playing and Clare Torry started belting out her lyrics. I was a little disappointed that there was no home remodeling show or any tv on today for that matter.

As I sat there in the chair breathing in the goodness I began to think about funny things. For some reason I made a connection between dating (and specifically...sex) with going to the dentist. I'm not going to go into details here cuz this is a family site but I started laughing. Picture me with the gas mask on, this dental dam in place, instruments hanging out of my mouth and....me giggling slightly while thinking about things and looking at myself in the reflection of the powered down tv. All the while the dental assistant is in the room and I DO NOT want her to notice and then ask me what's so funny. I thought of one good joke and thought, "Man...I gotta remember that." Then minutes later...another one. And another one. Soon I was wishing I had my Blackberry so I could jot these things down as I knew I'd forget them. Then I figured even if I did have it with me, the notes would only look like...fjdhdfrerjfdjdjbvvdfjdl.

Then for a split second I actually had the mental fortitude to think, "Wait...I wonder if this is like when you're drunk and you think something is so funny but sober people around you are only annoyed by your antics." So now I'm not even sure if it's worth sharing but I had fun anyways. Root canal is done and now all I need is a crown.

No comments: