Sunday, May 23, 2010

More wind was on the order for today. I headed out at 0900 and felt good. Everything was cool (other than the rednecks in the tampon white PT Cruiser that kept passing me and shouting and then pulling over 100 yards later to repeat). I was up at Rampart Reservoir and on the trail in 40 minutes. I could have sworn this ride (from door to door) took 4 hours last year but this time I was just under 3 and I really didn't ride that hard. I don't know what to think. It's probably likely that my memory of the time is off. I'm sorry to say that I saw zero bears today but I did see some knucklehead with his helmet on backwards. He was coming the other way and as we passed, he said, "Hey dude!!!!!!!" I wasn't sure what to say...until I saw his friend coming. Then I said, "Dude.....pull it together and tell your friend he looks like a rookie biatch."

After I got home, I was freezing. I laid on the couch with 2 warm puppies in fleece pants (me....not them), and a hoodie (with the hood up) and under a blanky and fell asleep. Heather woke me up at 2 and I got up and put on some coffee and then threw my gear in the Jeep to go and meet Scott (who had done an overnighter up near Wellington Lake last night with a group of misfits that apparently got rowdy enough to justify other campers getting out of their sleeping bags at midnight to tell him to STFU). Cheesman Canyon was beautiful today. I was happy to get another work out in with the difficult hike in and out. I did not do much fishing but I did do a lot of sitting and watching Scott fish. We also talked quite a bit and that was nice. Eventually we got back to the vehicles and had some really good Belgian beer and that was really nice.

This is our last week of school and I'm pretty excited to be done. It's been a good year in terms of the time I've spent with my students (who are wonderful) and my teacher assistant (although they call them para-professionals out here) who is one of the best I've ever had.

Oh....you get no pictures today. I forgot the camera....twice.

Enjoy your week everyone.

No comments: