Saturday, May 1, 2010

Beautiful day to be out on the water. I don't normally fish much still water but every now and then I get a hankering to do so. Today was one of those days. Spring Pike fishing can be pretty good and each year I don't go. A student at school lives on the dam for one of the reservoirs. 2 weeks ago he landed an 18 pound Northern that taped at 36". I actually have a picture of it but I can't post that. Believe me when I say it was impressive. So today I went out to pursue the Northerns. Some of the coves still have some ice in them. I'm a little early. The females probably won't be moving into these coves for another week or two but that 's fine. It was good to get out and scout some things.




I didn't catch any Pike today but I did catch 8 rainbows. They got bigger as the day went on but even the biggest one wasn't anything to write home about. The most exciting part of the day was when I force fed a common Carp in the ass with a big Husky Jerk. Thankfully I didn't get him that bad and he shook it off a few minutes later. He did make the drag scream though. The scale that was left on the hook was the size of a quarter. I'll go back out there again next weekend and see how things are going.

No comments: