Saturday, May 22, 2010

Pictures never do justice

I spent several hours riding this kind of stuff today on my road bike. Stupid steep. My mountain bike was dirty and I hate to ride on a dirty bike so I took the Cannondale out today. The winds were gusting anywhere from 25-50mph today so there was good times for sure. A while ago I was kinda worried about August but things are turning around now and I know I'll be ready. If not this time then....never.

Tomorrow I'm gonna head out for 4-5 hours on the mountain bike and some singletrack before hooking up with Scott near Deckers for some fishing and beers in the late afternoon. Hoping to see some bears in the woods on my ride. I know some of them are out because a few of the morons down the street put their trash out the night before and it was all over the street this week (they should be given a citation but that's an entirely different rant). Last year when I did this loop I saw a gorgeous blonde bear that was probably only 1.5 years old. I had taken a snack break and was sitting there when I looked over and saw it ambling straight towards me. I let it get about 20 yards from me before I stood up and that was all it took. Gone in a flash.


In other news....gear is still not here but next week should be like Christmas.

No comments: