Friday, May 28, 2010

A few thangs....

This is what some have used in the past and I decided to go with for my new GPS. I took a handlebar mount and took it apart and then used the top half. I drilled some holes in it and then filed the bottom of it to fit the contour of the top of the stem. I then used zip-ties to attach it to the stem. I also used some rubber padding that I used on all the drawers of my tool chest to give the zip-ties something to bite in to. The mount is pretty reliable but sometimes the GPS will come off in harsh terrain. You can either use another zip-tie to hold the unit to the mount or do what Marshal suggested last night when we rode together which is what I have now done. This consists of installing the lanyard to the unit and then wrapping it around the bottom of the unit and then hooking it on the quick release tab. It's not coming off unless I want it to.


My OCD does not allow me to sit and stare at an asymmetrical cockpit. This is pleasing since everything is centered.

There was a box sitting on the porch when I got home today. MC got my wheels all built up and they turned out great.

The rear hub is obnoxiously loud and that's just the way I like it.

I can't wait to ride on these things but it's gonna be a bit longer before I do.


In other news....SCHOOL'S OUT!!!!!!!!! Riding should pick up now. I've got a 60 mile off-road ride planned for tomorrow and I'm pretty excited about that. Should be fun. This may come as a surprise but I am a big UFC fan and tomorrow night we'll be watching UFC 114 with Jackson vs. Evans as the main event. I like Jackson a lot and HATED Evans when he was on the Ultimate Fighter show but....I gotta say....that guy continues to impress me. He's had a pretty tough camp up in Denver and he looks good. These guys hate each other. Should be a good fight.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

So...I see you got home from your exploring side trip...work out ok?

Chris said...

It was perfect. Those are all the trails I used to take my 250 on before I realized I was terrified of motorcycles.