Saturday, May 29, 2010

I headed out today for the biggest ride I've done in a while. It ended up being right at 60 miles with about 5000' of elevation. I ended up being out for about 5 hours which is a bit faster than I thought I'd go. I felt good for the first 40 and then kinda came unglued for the last 20. Gorgeous day out but the wind was INSANE again. I did take quite a few pics so....here they are.
This was probably close to the midway point after a loop up on Rampart Range. Since it's the holiday weekend every Tom, Dick and Harry are up from the Springs camping, shooting, drinking, and generally acting like a jackass. This was right near Manitou Lake.

I did NOT bring a fishing rod today but passed several nice looking beaver ponds.


This always bums me out. The pictures don't show much but this is where loads of people come to get their gun off. Shooting guns can actually be a good time but why is it that people don't pick up their brass, those stupid clay pigeons, and those paper targets?? It baffles me as much as when smokers throw their butt out the friggin' window!!

The great outdoors.

No comments: