Wednesday, May 5, 2010

16 days left

Until summer vacation and now that I'm at the high school, some of those last days are half days for finals. Definitely in the home stretch now and, while that's a good thing, the population of students that I work with tend to start to come unglued toward the end or towards long breaks like Thanksgiving. They're generally labeled "problematic" but they really do want that structure as much as they buck. I think for many of them, they begin to realize that they are not going to be in their safe place for 2.5 months and that's scary for them. Even when they're a pain they're such good students and I'm lucky to work with them.

I wonder when someone will buy my van? Within the first 5 minutes of it being online in 2 places I had 4 inquiries and an offer of 2 grand cash from a local guy who said that I was way over priced. I just saw a guy selling an 89 Carat model and although it did have a turbo diesel conversion, he was asking 24,000 for it. The Vanagons are weird because they have such a perceived value. I really don't think I'm asking too much but we'll see. Today I had an offer of 2250 for it from a guy in Seattle that just wanted to have a courier come and flat bed it. I turned him down too. I started it up last night and the motor was making a strange noise. I'm fairly certain that it's a lifter that bled down from sitting all winter long. Hopefully it'll pump up and quiet down when I take it for a drive, possibly over to a reservoir tomorrow night, to fish.

I also wonder if I'll catch a trophy Pike tomorrow night?

No comments: