Monday, May 10, 2010

It's gone

I really thought that the deal was gonna fall through today. I guess the guy was trying to get a loan and that's really hard to do on an older vehicle like the van. Then he was supposed to be here at 4 but didn't show until a bit before 6. I had removed the roof rack and when the guy got here he started in on me about wanting it too. So I ended up giving that to him. Of course this was after I had already given him a $100 Bentley repair manual. Oh well. I was a little sad to see Ron back out of the driveway with a new owner. He pulled away and then....as the transmission ground into second....I went in and grabbed a cookie. Woulda been cool to do some stuff to but I just don't have the resources up here that would really make the job so much easier (i.e. the Corbitt brothers and Boogy). There's always another one out there. I think if I were to do it again...I'd buy a Westy with a blown motor and then go the Subaru route. Next time.

The new car will be fun. I love wagons and I've always wanted a Subaru. I like the fact that this one is not a turbo. I already know it's going to get a header and full exhaust. It's tough to beat the sound of that motor with a good exhaust. Plus with the exhaust, cold air intake, and a grounding kit that motor is will be right at 200hp and it'll be all stock stuff. Heather's gonna be thrilled.

No comments: