Saturday, February 21, 2009

Golf Couurse Chaos

Super fun race today put on by the crew from Cycles of Life and Cloud City Wheelers!! The course consisted of an inside loop of 2 miles on snowmobile trails made on the highest golf course in North America. Afterwards, we headed out for a 6 mile loop on paved/ice roads. This was a team relay and my partner Scott had never done a mtb race before and he doesn't spend much time on a bike at all but he was up for the challenge. I started and then Scott did a fine job on his 2 mile loop and then I headed out on my longer one. I don't know how we did yet as a team but we sure had fun. I'll be anxious to see my times as I felt really good on the bike and I don't think I could have gone much faster at all. Hopefully results will be up soon.

No shortage of views today at all. This is looking down the finishing straight of the short loop. Wish I could say I spent some time looking around today but I did not. I haven't done a mtb time trial in years but I spent most of the time during the road section down on top of the bars staring at the monitor.


This is the only pic I got of Scott and here he is after his second and last lap. Not too shabby for a guy who had no idea what he was getting in to. Good job buddy!!


I was actually taking a pic of the Divide in the background but that Saab really looks hot too. Who would not want one of those? Too bad they can't hold as much dog as a Vanagon or I'd be on the prowl.


Temps were darn near in the low 50's after the race and this deck was perfect for hanging out with all the fine folks from the day and enjoying a few cold beers from race sponsor Dale's Pale Ale. Sterling Mudge knows his way around the grill and threw down with some good burgers and his better half made some real good chili and corn bread.


Mountains east of Leadville.

No comments: