Sunday, February 15, 2009

A buddy of mine (Leo) that I went to college with was in Denver on business towards the end of the week. Like me, Leo used to be a teacher but then decided he'd had enough. He went to law school and now spends a ton of his time on flights that lead him to different towns so he can work on cases. Sometimes I get that way. I think his beef was generally with students and he just got tired of it. Mine is always with the adults. When I say adults...I am not referring to parents either. I will say that this is one of the few schools I have worked at where parents actually give a crap about their child. It's refreshing that they inquire about things or make sure that their child is getting dealt a fair hand. What's amazign to me is that there are many times (far too many) where it feels like I don't WORK at a middle school but that I AM IN middle school. That is the part that I do not like the most about my job.

Anyway...Leo came down here in his white rental Mustang and we grabbed dinner in the Springs. We then came back up here and walked to some of the local watering holes and had a few beers. I took him for a drive the next day. We actually took my Jeep off-road for the first time since I revamped the suspension and steering well over a year ago. We ran an easy local trail called China Wall that only had a bit of snow on it. The Jeep did real well and the day was fun despite having to back down a section of shelf-like road because some scrub in a new Rubicon with temp tags wasn't aware that this trail had a loop to it. I watched him go up and I guess he got sketched out and decided to turn around (off trail I might add). If he'd have gone up another 40 yards he would have seen the signs for the "chicken exit". Way to Tread Lightly dude. Sorry there's no pics of the day.

No comments: