Sunday, January 25, 2009

Vanagons on the horizon

I'm still waiting to hear back from the owner of this beautiful canary yellow specimen that is waiting up in Littleton for me. This is not a Westie but it does posess many of the Westie options on the inside that woul dallow me to take up semi-permanent residence inside. The sign says it all.


Heather actually likes this one the best so far.

This is the one I made kind of a late night call on last night. I spoke with a woman about it. I wasn't afraid to put the charm on her. Not sure if it was a deal breaker. She said she'd let me know. From the sound of it, I gathered that it might not be hers or that she needed to check with someone else. She may be getting an unsuspecting call back later on today when Heather makes a run for the Safeway. This is actually what I want. This is an 89 Carat Weekender. These had the bigger bumpers, slightly lower suspension, and 5 spoke wheels. Inside it has the queen size bed, a fold up table and the chairs directly behind the drivers/passengers chairs are situated such that face the rear. Oh dear lord I hope she calls me.

This is one I've been watching for about a month now. It's actually at the bottom of the mountain as you're heading to Colorado Springs. The owner has apparently decided to not get it repaired so this shop is trying to sell it for him. It has low compression in the #1 cylinder. I suspect that this one is suffering from the all too common Vanagon blown head gasket. This would necessitate close to $1000 and a bit of time to pull the motor and do a rebuild on. I spit on it though...as the owner is not interested in a trade for a Jeep that has perfectly good compression.


I have received half a dozen emails today from as far away as San Francisco telling me a stern no. Blast!!! The glory WILL be mine!!!

No comments: