Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Agua???

Got up last night to do my nightly pee and the toilet wouldn't flush. I assumed the chain thing had fallen off and said to myself, "Self....there's no way I'm sticking my hand in that tank right now." It's never been a problem before though and usually when that's happened for me it's been from a repeat offender toilet. I went to turn the faucet on....notta. So now we're thinking...great...the city put the boot on our water lines. Now I'm 77% better about finances than I used to be when I was younger (I was not stranger to the term "reconnection fee") but the Misses handles the purse strings. If I were single I'd just head on in to work and chalk it up to my badness. Bills are all up to date though so it's not that. I decided to head over to the neighbors (it's their vacation home so they're never there). No spigget!!! I've never seen a house with no spigget. Just now I decided to head over to our other neighbors house...she's got no water too. So...bottom line...we're on a 2 hour delay from school cuz the town's got no water. When asked if this will be fixed anytime soon, Magic 8 Ball says, "Surely you're joking". I'm gonna melt some snow...my pups are thirsty and coffee would be splendid.

No comments: