Wednesday, January 21, 2009

An eventful day

1. The higher ups in the school district decided to go with the 2 hour delay today but waited until lunch time to announce that no water should be consumed. They quickly shut off all water fountains but this was after they served lunch and probably cooked with the potentially contaminated water. The city was in the midst of testing the water for anything dangerous. Just before the end of the day, a mandatory boil order was put into place by the city and then school was cancelled for tomorrow as the city won't know whether the water is safe or not. I wonder what the ramifications could be if, in fact, students get sick. Seems like it might have been a safer call to just cancel school today as well.

2. I stopped by the dentist to have him install a crown. I'm not gonna go into details here and, well....you're welcome. The dentist was using a tool that looked a lot like a Dremmel with a cut off wheel on it. In short...it slipped and...got caught up under my tongue. It was good enough for some stitches and he had to take care of that before he could address the tooth as it was bleeding too much to work. Good times at the dentist. So now the pain is in full effect. Perhaps I'll post a pic if it comes out. Might be hard to get a shot of.

3. I had 2 interesting trade offers today for my Jeep. One was an early Willys flat fender Jeep. Very tempting as they can be really cool but kind of impractical. The other was a 75 VW camper. That one I actually thought about for a while but I think I'm gonna pass. It's a little older than what I'm looking for. I'm sure it's in need of a head gasket at least.

No comments: