Wednesday, January 21, 2009

power tools and soft tissue

This aint pretty. The stitches are actually further back. I could tell the dentist felt horrible about the deal. I probably could have made a big issue out of it but I felt bad for the guy. He certainly didn't mean it and he and the rest of his staff know that I am scared of coming there and they always do whatever they can to make things as smooth as possible and I really appreciate it.

Incidentally, the crown procedure was actually interesting (minus the trauma). He's got this computer that takes an image of the tooth in question. It gets sent to a PC where he manipulates it and that, in turn, gets sent to a machine that looks a lot like a lathe really. A small block of porcelain is put in (bout the size of a sugar cube) and it essentially gets CNC'd right there in house. It took 6 minutes and 13 seconds to make the partial crown. I asked for gold but all he had was white. How lame.


No comments: