Friday, June 17, 2011

Fed up

With my bike. It needs a bit of TLC but it's too early to rebuild it all right now. I'm trying to make due for a bit longer but I'm at the end of my rope with rubbing brakes and sloppy shifting. The brakes were beyond repair without swapping in new pads so I stopped in to Team Telecycle this morning to get pads and then just had Paul install them for me since I was tired of doing brake adjustments with unevenly worn pads. I installed new rear derailleur cable and housing when I got back home and things are a lot better and I probably won't yell at my bike tomorrow. I've got some big weeks coming up and it's frustrating enough on an hour long ride when stuff is fighting you and enough to drive you insane on something as long as 8 hours. I'm riding my mountain bike infinitely more than I have in year's and the wear and tear is showing.

No comments: