Tuesday, September 23, 2008

technology

Is simply amazing. I pretty much assumed that my SPOT was somewhere near where I crashed. Nope. I walked the side of the mountain in a grid pattern for an hour and found nothing but two guys hunting for big horn sheep. I came back home and got on my SPOT account. The beacon sent out it's last signal on 9/6 at 6 p.m. I can see an image of where it's at but it doesn't appear to be a current one as there is tons of snow in the image and it makes it impossible to see the trail. The image looks to be about a half a mile west of where I was today. I'm really tempted to go looking for it tonight but I'll wait until tomorrow. I guess it would be stupid for someone to pick it up. They can't track with it or send OK messages since it's registered to my SPOT page. The search continues.

No comments: