Saturday, September 20, 2008

kids

Charlotte spent some time with us today. She's an interesting kid. She's not really into toys all that much. We started out reading a book. Well it wasn't a book really...each page had a different word on it and a matching picture. When we got to the "Apple" page, I grabbed an apple from the kitchen and she wouldn't let go of that thing all day. I also put the childrens CD on repeat and, after 4 hours of that, I think I'm good. My friend Adam's wife (Marry) is just about to have a CD come out. She has an amazing voice and decided to do a childrens CD. I'm hoping I can get a copy of it when I'm back in town for Burnin'. I tried to get Charlotte hooked on Pink Floyd's Rockabye Baby but she didn't like it as much as me. If you have a kid...check it out on iTunes.

I gotta tell ya...I really love kids but I just don't think I could do it. I didn't have the best role models when I was growing up and I know that wouldn't really be the issue. I'm just not sure how friends of mine do it. It's such a huge commitment both personally and financially. I feel like I barely make it as it is and I don't have to worry about another mouth to feed or worse....day care. I hardly trust anybody and I doubt day care would even be a consideration which would make things even harder. It was absolutely brutal for me to find someone I could trust to watch my dog let alone my child.

Watching the kids CD for about the 5th time.


We tried books, bubbles, blankets, binkies, and a Barbie cell phone but in the end, the apple was the ticket. Dharma has never been arond a toddler but she was great.


A nap is in the near the future.

No comments: