Friday, September 5, 2008

Super excited

For the last few days all I can think about at work (besides educating the children of the future of course) is riding my bike. I am so happy to be riding that silly thing again. I got in a super fun mountain bike ride on Thursday night and I was chompin' at the bit to ride tonight but my afternoon nap went into the early evening and I missed out. I was going to go down and check out the group ride tomorrow and ride at 30+ mph again but I think I wanna do a longer mtb ride and take in some scenery. I've got what should be a pretty killer ride planned and I'm hoping it wont take me any longer than 6 hours but it's totally unchartered water so I'm bringing plenty of gear in case I get stuck and have to finish up in the dark. Photo opportunities should be endless so I'll definitely bring the camera.

I'm also considering doing the 12 hour solo race next weekend at Snowmass. I've never done anything like that and I worry about getting bored burning laps for that long and the entry fee of 100 bones sure isn't helping but I still might go. There was talk of TK, Dan Schmatz and me teaming up for a 12 hour race in Missouri but I don't know where those guys are with that right now after their rather quick Gateway Cup. TK just got done building the ugliest Cannondale cross bike I've ever seen. Personally...I'd pack up that thing and send it express to the nearest knucklehead living out in Woodland Park, Colorado. Too bad it's not a 56. I got half a mind to drive to St. Louis and bring it home with me.

No comments: