Monday, September 15, 2008

Since I started riding again, I have not been fishing all that much. For a guy that normally is on the water every day in the summer and 3-5 days the rest of the year, it's been tough to get used to. I decided to go see how the fishies were tonight. I didn't go to my usual hot spots but it was just good to be in the water again. Normally when I fish I cover a lot of ground and quickly. Some guys will pound a certain section for hours just because they think fish should be there even though they don't see any. I'd rather walk and glass the water until I find a fish that's feeding and then I'll go to work. As long as I can see one being active I will work that fish for hours changing my indicator depth, adding/removing weight, swapping flies, etc. It is so amazing to be within 20 feet or so of a nice trout and watch it feeding and knowing that, more than likely, it's just a matter of time. Soon the fall spawn will be on and madness will ensue.





No comments: