Sunday, September 14, 2008

Dems the brakes

I've been struggling with my Shimano XT brakes for quite a while now. I always hear them dragging more than they should. I spend a lot of time adjusting the calipers (particularly the front) but it only helps temporarily. During the CTR I thought one of the front pistons wasn't retracting and that's why I eventually just unbolted the darn thing and taped it to the fork leg. As soon as Ghisallo heard about my struggles (with the brake...they can't help the rest of my issues) they sent me a new stealth black XT caliper. They use a different line than last years model so I had to source that yesterday. Luckily I found one and a new set of XTR pads. I got the new caliper installed and bled this morning and it works perfectly. Just in the garage I could tell a major difference from the other caliper. Maybe it really was a bum caliper? While I was there I reset the rear pistons but I still am not crazy about that rear caliper. The rotor is true as an arrow but I still get some rubbing. I think before CB I'll install another one of the newer calipers. Thank you again Ghisallo. Since each loop in CB will start and finish in the heart of town, I will pop wheelies and yell out, "You gosta get to Ghisallo peoples!!!!!!".

1 comment:

Pedal Brake Pedal by TK said...

yes! so happy the brakes work now. shhhh, don't look now, but asia be lovin' them some chrisssssssssss ahhhhh!