Saturday, September 20, 2008

After Charlotte and Heather left to go meet Charlotte's mom for some shopping, I took off for a 3 hour mtb ride. I climbed up to Rampart Reservoir and did a lap up there before heading back down to town. The air was cool and the trees are starting to turn colors. This is my favorite time of year. I saw a nice herd of elk (about 40 strong) grazing in a field. Soon the rut will be on and we'll be able to hear them bugling at night. Sometimes we drive out and park outside of town and watch the bull of the herd keep things in check. I didn't bring a camera because there was a threat of rain/snow/sleet during the ride. Next weekend in Butte should be really pretty. I hope the weather holds. Today it started out at 35 degrees and they got rain all day. I'm sure there's snow up high so that will make things interesting.

No comments: